Friday, March 31, 2006

Last minute trip...


22 Mar...

I received a call from Hanh (AnPhuTour agency) soon after I reached my hotel. She informed that my Mai chau trip for the next 2 days was cancelled because of bad weather. And in return, she offered me a very good deal for 3 nights 2 days trip at Sapa. I was hesitant initially because I was not prepared for the long journey to Sapa. But thank God that I took it up.

When I was about to cross the road to grab a quick dinner, Hanh stopped me and offered to order dinner for me. It was because the locals have the tendency to up sell to foreigners. She ordered fried Pho (resembles Kway Teow) and beef set meal for just S$1.8 and they were really nice. After dinner, I rushed up my hotel, took a shower, packed my luggage, checked out the hotel and headed to the Hanoi train station.

I wasn’t feeling comfortable when I saw 2 Chinese men (dressed in black) in the cabin. But after talking to them, I found that i was just oversensitive. Zhao who is the ‘da ge’ or big brother initiated the conversation with me. We chatted about our experiences in Hanoi and also shared about happenings in our own countries. Zhao even offered to show me around his home town.

Here is an interesting joke from Zhao…
Name 4 things which are widely known for being slim in Vietnam (“Si Da Miao Tiao”)?
And the answers were the houses, the roads, the country map and the women. Heee

No comments: